Friday, April 06, 2007

Spring has sprung yet it may snow this weekend

If anyone can tell me why my blog is pancaked to the left side please tell me how to get it centered again. Ah, the heat of the southwest is upon us again, not!!! It's freakin' April and it may snow in Dallas over the weekend. Feels more like I'm back in Montana or NY than in Texas. Either way, hopefully some guys will opt out of their normal training this weekend and I can get some miles in. Nothing serious tomorrow just the local LBS ride of 34 or 46 at a decent clip and then a long Sunday ride of 55 or so with some hills and intervals mixed in. I love the Sunday loop, it provides a ton of opportunity for some repeats, sprints and interval work. Not to mention ending at the lake so I can grab a run after the ride. First Tuesday nighter and I had a great race. Plenty of power to stay up front and cover anything that was attempted. I admittedly screwed up and stayed up front too long and lost the race but stayed in the front sprint group to finish about 7th. There were a couple of very sketchy dudes in the the corner and one guy that was jerking his bike in all directions on the bell lap. I jumped around him as well did a few other guys. I'll try not to cover so much in the front next week and sit in a little more so I can be part of the final move next week. My legs were fresh for the entire race and I had plenty in the tank just bad strategy since I was afraid of losing someone off the front. Better luck next week. Here are a couple of pics. I'm sitting in 3rd (white kit) on one pic and sitting in the group on the corner. I'll update with next weeks points. Happy trails.

No comments: