Monday, April 30, 2007

Ft. Worth Crit

Very cool race with a closed circuit of 1.8 miles a little rolling elevation and lots of primes. I won a sprint for $25 was very close on two others and let the train out for the finish. (not on purpose)I just realized this is the wrong pic but whatever, it's a pic. Averaged 24mph for the crit with my top speed sprint of 34.3 mph for the prime and some odd events. On the second lap I throw the chain and did the ol' small ring to big ring zing and got the chain back on track. The group left me and gained about 5 seconds as this happened. I jumped the gap and was back up for the prime lap. After leading a teammate out for a prime sprint which we lost, i was grabbing my water bottle and as I was tight on his wheel didn't see when you moved over as he passed a lapped rider. I bailed into the grass and passed the guy in the grass but got back on with no event. I got blocked on the inside but quickly passed the guy literally in the gutter which scared him and he made room for me as I came by. As I think of it, I took a lot of chances in his race and felt pretty strong the whole race. Well, other than when I attacked and got a 7 second gap that was eaten up through a headwind in about 500m. It's amazing how fast the pack can close a gap in the wind. The results: th on the day, 1 prime and barely missed out on two others. met a lot of the guys I see at the weekly crit and had tons of fun. Hopefully, the weather will hold out since my Tuesday nighter has been rained out for the last two weeks.

No comments: