Wednesday, November 08, 2006

revisiting old races/rides of the year

I've decided to run the half in December and have a goal of 2 hours or better. We'll see. Yes, I'm too cheap to buy the pic for $60 but I promise I'm not a giant even though I look a foot taller than everyone else. Some great rides this year and some odd rides. Everything from a wiemereiner (whatever the grey dog) causing a 7 bike pileup with some nasty injuries and 2 firetrucks, a couple EMT vans and a couple of cops. Obviously in a small part of town. The HH100 I did with a riding buddy Jeff which turned into a great day with some blistering splits and some not so blistering speeds. We finished and the temp was about 102 or 106 depending on which guage you looked at. I had a great Jack Rabbit Classic in which I did 67 miles in almost 3 hours flat and a horrible start but good finish to the Cotton Patch Classic. Days are shorter but I've gotten to a point where I like the cool early mornings and dimly lit rides. I registered for the NYC tri in July and will do a marathon next year. I'm into a break on the bike for a couple of weeks and find myself cleaning and tuning my bike up. Looking to add some Spinergy Stealth PBO's to the stable and probably upgrade my bars and brakes. That's all for today. Oh, my little half last week was pretty much in Zone 5 so as good as I might be getting on the bike, I'll be able to keep the blog title for a while.

No comments: