Saturday, October 07, 2006

races and rides update

Last race was the Cotton Patch Classic and a buddy came along to race his first race. I was glad he came and I think he had fun. It was a neutral start that saw speeds of almost 30 before the race started. About 4 miles into the race a pretty nasty pile-up that pulled 15 riders out of the race. I ditched into the grass to avoid the tumbling cyclist in front of me and my buddy stopped and waited as I got moving again. The race turned into a 56 mile time trial as the pack kept it's speed after the crash and we had to stop and get collected. I turned in a good solo effort in brutal crosswinds that turned into a head wind for the last 20 miles at least. I picked off several riders throughout the day but really improved my horrible position in the last 20 miles. Needless to say, not my best showing of the year but it was another great day. I ended up with about 450 miles for the month of September and am off to a slow start to October because of work. I'm now racing with the Mirage team so hopefully I can post some top 15 positions and move up a Category in early spring.

No comments: