Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Love rainy days

6:30 am-got to the lake and it was raining so I made the obligatory stop for bagel and coffee. I took my sweet time getting ready to ride and it was still pretty dark since it was so early and there was a lot of dark rain clouds overhead. It turned out to be a great ride although it rained pretty hard for the entire 31 miles. I could feel some wheel slippage on some corners and definitely on one of the steeper climbs out of the saddle. What's usually a very packed area with runners, walkers and cyclists I saw a total of 2 cyclists, 1 super-marathon girl that I always see and about 3 walkers in full rain slickers. Legs felt awesome and averaged 18.6 through the wind and rain even with slow corners and some cautious transitioning of pavement types. Great form of meditation, not that I'm into that stuff, but the i-Pod stayed playing and the legs didn't want to quit today. I have 3 runs for a total of 21 miles left for the week and a couple of visits to the gym and the dreaded pool. The Ironman is in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to watch it. Ever since I watched my buddy finish on the computer I've had a lust for that tattoo. Not saying I'm heading that direction anytime soon. I just ordered a new cycling movie called "Overcoming." I'll update with the reviews and everything later.