Friday, August 18, 2006

One week to go

Okay, haven't been as religious about this as I thought. Imagine that, me not good with religion or technology. From the day of the last post I quit drinking and lost over 20 lbs. Not too bad. I'm now pedaling at a svelte 215, which is about 15 to 25 lbs lighter than usual. Good thing I'm 6'3" or I'd be jelly. I haven't been under 212 since I started training with Bonds and his boys. j/k Last ride was 35 miler with a group and I was in the lead group out and did most of the pulling back. My heartrate is now about 10 bpm lower than 5 weeks ago and I can ride over 200 miles/week without my knees locking up. I'm scheduled for an early 60 tomorrow and will do the HH100 on the 26th. I'd like to finish it under 6 hours total time which should equate to about 5 hours moving time. For those of you on the slow bus that averages out to about 20 mph. Yes a little aggressive but with a big group and a little luck hopefully I can pace at 18.5.

No comments: