Thursday, August 24, 2006

2 days till HH100

Rode an easy 21 this morning and am feeling pretty good about the ride Saturday. We're scheduled to leave around 3:30am on Saturday to drive 2.5 hours and then ride 100 miles only to turn around and drive back 2.5 hours. A riding buddy has been recruited to do it as well and he's a good match because our styles are the same and he'll gut it out with me if we blow up too early. Goal: 5-5.5 hours and then I'll catch the last Tuesday night races through September before I start adding my marathon training. December 8th is the White Rock Marathon and I think I should be able to keep that in my schedule even with my trip to Dubai and Spain. I'll attach my Garmin read outs to show the pace, elevation and heart rate. I'm guessing it will burn about 8500 calories Saturday so I'll be eating pasta like a fat Italian from now till Saturday. I'll post after that.

No comments: