Monday, August 13, 2007

10 days to the Hotter than Hell

Been training a lot and had a great pre-race test at the Goatneck. I did 67 miles with an average speed of over 21mph. Kevin pulled incredibly strong all day and we both put out HUGE amounts of effort. I felt unstoppable until I beurnt a little too hard with 5 miles to go. either way my legs are primed for the HH100. 100 mile road race that will be my biggest test yet. I'll stay towards the front and hopefully won't have to cover any breaks since I'm the only Mirage guy racing. I've been training hard and feeling good. A friend Kevin has been really helping me with nutrition, recovery and newly implemented tri training. I'm thinking about putting an ironman on the calendar but will have to have a lot of coaching. I'll keep the training schedule up and make sure my nutrition and hydration keeps on par. I'll update after tomorrows crit.

No comments: