Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dead legs

Wow, I felt good Saturday, decent Sunday and just spun around a little on Monday but when I raced Tuesday....ouch. I was gasping for breath, legs felt like they were running on empty and just didn't have any kick. I took fifth after one of the sketchy dudes rubbed my forks trying to jump back into the pack. My sprint is okay but my carry speed seems to be tough right now. I'm not sure what's going on but I'll get it figured out. I wasn't too upset with my 5th considering some of the guys ahead of me are fairly strong but I always want to do a little better. Anyway, I'm just going to train a lot of intervals and sprints for Memorial weekend since I have 3 races that weekend. Here's a pic of us coming up the last stretch. Unfortunately there were 3 guys off the front that the pack decided not to chase down last night. I didn't do the work since I ended up pulling the entire pack with me on a bridge last week. I have to remember to do a flyer off the side instead of just grinding from the front to the lead group. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: